We provide training to B standard and can arrange for the examination to be taken with a Registered Club Examiner or Chief Examiner.
The candidate must successfully carry out the following flying test and reference to the BMFA Guidance Notes is very strongly recommended:
- Carry out pre-flight checks as required by the BMFA Safety Codes.
- Take off and complete a left (or right) hand circuit and overfly the take-off area.
- Fly a"figureof eight" course with the cross-over in front of the pilot, height to be constant.The examiners will expect this manoeuvre to be flown more accurately than the similar manoeuvre in the 'A' Certificate test.
- Fly into wind and complete one inside loop
- Fly downwind and complete one outside loop downwsrds from the top i.e.a bunt.
- Complete two consecutive rolls into wind.
- Complete two consecutive rolls downwind using the opposite direction of roll rotation to that used in the previous rolls.
- Gain height and perform a three turnspin,the initial headingand the recovery heading must be into wind and the modelmust fall into the spin (no‘flick’spinentry).
- Fly a rectangularlanding approach and overshoot from below 10ft. Note that this manoeuvre is a baulked landing, not a low pass
- Fly a rectangular circuit in the opposite direction to that in the landing approachat aconstant height of not more than 40 feet
- Fly a rectangular landing approach and land (wheels to touch within a pre-designated 30 metre boundary).
- Complete the post flight checks as required by the BMFA safety Codes.